Responsible for all outside labour needed to move cattle through auction mart system as well as all cleaning and maintenance that is needed in the yards.
No formal education is required for this position. Livestock experience is an asset, not an necessity
– cleaning stables, barnyards and pens;
– feeding and tending cattle;
– receiving and loading cattle;
– opening and closing gates;
– running down alleys;
– working directly with livestock (ie: sorting);
– processing (ie: running through chute, ear tagging, etc.);
– misc. repairs and maintenance; and
– other duties as required.